300g/1/2 calabash gourd, peel and dice the calabash gourd
45g/3 tablespoon cream cheese
4g/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
24g/2 - 4 cloves garlic
15ml/1 tablespoon olive oil
150g/1 large onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan; add in the onions and garlic and sauté on medium heat until softened and tender.
2) Add in the cut calabash gourd, a little water and salt and simmer until the gourd is tender and cooked.
3) Allow it to cool completely.
4) Pour the contents into a blender, add more water based on the thickness desired and blend into a smooth soup.
5) Pour the blended soup back into the sauce pan, add in salt, black pepper and cream cheese. Bring up to the boil and stir to dissolve cheese. Serve immediately.