1) Heat the vegetable
oil in a saucepan over a low heat.
2) Add the onions and fry for 10-15 minutes with the lid on.
3) Take the lid off, turn the heat up to medium and add the garlic, potatoes and curry powder
4) Add the stock and bring to a simmer, cook for 15 – 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
5) Scoop half of the potatoes out and mash them, then add back the sauce to thicken it.
- If you're adding vegetables add with the stock.
- If you're adding boiled eggs, allow 2 per person and cutting 1 of those in half. Add 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- If you're adding fish, use fish stock. Add the fish at the end and cook until done.
- If you’re adding frozen cooked prawns use fish stock. Add them a a few minutes before the end and allow them to heat through. Don’t put them in too early as they’ll go a bit rubbery if cooked for too long.
- If you're adding meat, use chicken stock. Add the meat at the same time as the stock and adjust the cooking time until your meat is cooked.